Sunday, January 04, 2004

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Last week, during one of my outings, I came across an old copy of Jack Finney's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (based on the 1978 movie). I love old paperbacks and this fits into my collection very nicely.

The genre of 1960s and 1970s horror films makes good reading (books based on movies as well as movies based on books). There are so many now that grace my bookshelves. One of my favourites, "Burnt Offerings", is definitely recommended reading. Unfortunately, there are too many to mention.

There are often glaring differences between book and movie and, I believe, that is part of the joy in reading/watching. For example, Ira Levin's "The Stepford Wives" barely resembles the movie that followed. Arguably, the book upon which Audrey Rose was based is far more terrifying than the movie.

At any rate, these books make great reading on rainy Saturday afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment