Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What Was I Thinking?

Today, on a rare outing without the little one, I picked up a copy of, And God Created the Au Pair by Benedicte Newland and Pascale Smets.

This represents my first foray into Mommy Lit. Frankly, I have been avoiding this subgenre--as vigilantly as I would a migraine--until now.

Why now?

Maybe it's because I've been reading about Isabel Kallman, the "Martha Stewart of Parenting", in New York Magazine. Maybe it's because, after five months since the ball of energy came to live with us, it has finally sunk in: I am a mother. Maybe, just maybe, it's because the novel highlights the relationship between two sisters who share a bond of motherhood (both authors and characters).

At any rate, it caught my eye and I hope that it holds my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment