Thursday, July 04, 2013

And just so you know...



















Molly: Mum, I know who takes the tooth from under your pillow when you lose a tooth -- it's your mummy and daddy, am I right?

Me: What do you believe?

Molly: That is what I believe.

Me: Okay, I won't lie to you: you're smart and you figure things out. But, what are you going to do now? Can't you just say you believe in the tooth fairy and collect the money?

Molly: (furrows brow) I can say I believe in parents trying to pretend to be the tooth fairy...

Me: That's fair. But there are people around your age or younger who still believe in the tooth fairy -- like little Luella, who might say, 'I believe in the tooth fairy' -- what will you say to her?

Molly: (mutters under breath) Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment