Thursday, April 21, 2005

Madeline: Straight Lines and Rare Finds




Image hosted by Photobucket.com


"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines,
lived twelve little girls in two straight lines
They left the house at half past nine...
The smallest one was Madeline."

I had fun while looking for information to give you about an original copy of Madeline (1939) by Ludwig Bemelmans that I found. Not that you need another reason to go the library, but I found the copy as a discard for sale yesterday. I always find cheap rare books in the cracks and crevices of the region but I paid about 10 cents for this book.

The Official Madeline Website.

See all of the titles in the Madeline series.

Read about Ludwig Bemelmans.

Here is a list of other children's books by the same author.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com





No comments:

Post a Comment