Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Secrets


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Author: Jacqueline Wilson
Illustrated: Nick Sharratt
Translator: Vanessa Rubio
Publisher: Doubleday/Transworld Publishers/Gallimard Jeunesse (2003)
Format: Paperback, 252 pp
Trim Size 178 x 124 mm
ISBN: 2070537560
Reading Level: Ages 10 - 13

Weeks ago, I ordered Jacqueline Wilson's Secrets online. Unfortunately, I must have misread a blurb because I ordered a French copy and it arrived yesterday.

Our daily outdoor adventure became a trip to the local bookstore at which I purchased The Ultimate French Review and Practice. Yes, I have decided to put my French comprehension to the test and to read the French version.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Author: David M. Stillman, Ronni L. Gordon
Published: McGraw-Hill (1999)
Format: Trade Paperback, 448 pp
Trim Size: 17.78 x 25.4 x 2.64
ISBN: 0658000748

My reading of the language is far better than my spoken or listening comprehension but it will be a struggle. In the past, I have read in German, a language in which I used to be fluent and can still negotiate rather well, but I have never had such facility in French in my adulthood. An adventure, to be sure!

6 comments:

  1. That's a neat idea, reading a book in another language, even when you didn't mean to order it that way. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:06 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:07 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:38 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:42 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete