Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Being Mad About...

Madeline

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The morning before yesterday, my long-awaited book club order arrived: Mad About Madeline: The Complete Tales (Ludwig Bemelmans with an introduction by Anna Quindlen). This morning, I unwrapped it. I'm so pleased with it. Like all of the collections that I purchase, nothing is abridged or tampered with. It is Bemelmans straightforward. It also contains a selection of original sketches of Madeline from Bemelmans's sketchbook.

Click here for information.

Coraline

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After three years of procrastination, I finally got around to reading Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I'm not finished but, to this point, I am thrilled by it. I love it. My husband finished reading it just after we purchased the hardcover in 2002 and then I just kept reshuffling it back into the shelves while searching for books to surf and then read.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVED Coraline. Simple, vivid, and creepy.

    ReplyDelete