Thursday, January 05, 2006

On The Go

I've started to read Judy Blume's 'Fudge' books which begin with Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing. I can't believe that, since I primarily read children's books, I didn't manage to read any Judy Blume books in 2005.

My first Judy Blume book was Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret when I was about nine or ten years old. Not all of the content made sense to me but I read it many, many times. It contained strong themes concerning female rites of passage to which I simply was not yet privy.

I know that I read a Young Adult novel as well, at a later point, but the title eludes me.

I've also started to read Due Preparations For The Plague by Janette Turner Hospital. From Publishers Weekly (2003):

In intense, lyrical prose, Hospital introduces seemingly disparate characters and places and connects them through an elaborate and poignantly tragic plot, only disrupted by the distracting inclusion of overelaborate descriptions of terrorist tactics. In this age of global terrorism, Hospital's sophisticated psychological thriller offers a thought-provoking glimpse of the sociopolitical intricacies of the individuals and organizations that track terrorism, as well as of the enduring personal struggles of those left behind after an attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment